SHOW US A SLICE OF YOUR LIFE! CONTEST
There's more than one way to peel an orange and there's more than one way to learn. Join our contest by submitting a short, one- to two-minute video.
Get creative! In your video, show us what makes you a unique learner who values a personal learning experience. A $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to the best story, with the runner-up winning a $500 scholarship!
In a world full of apples, give the world an orange. Be creative and show us A Slice of Your Life!
How to Enter
1. Make a creative, original video that’s one to two minutes in length. In the video, show us how you interpret that as a student, “there’s more than one way to peel an orange.” Take it literally, or don’t – it’s up to you! Just be sure to answer the question, “What makes you a unique learner?”
2. The explanation of your identity as a unique learner must be clear. Either list the concept in the title of the video or explain it in the video itself. Upload your video to YouTube, and tag it using the hashtag #MindTapOrange.
3. After uploading your video to YouTube, submit your entry via the form on the Cengage Learning "A Slice of Your Life” video contest website before midnight EST on Friday, April 19, 2013, and include the URL of your YouTube video in the form.
Selection of the Winner
Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of independent judges, based on the following criteria:
- Originality and creativity
- Overall appeal
- Quality and completeness of answer to “What Makes You a Unique Learner?”
- Audio/visual quality
- Overall impact
• The independent judges will select five finalists whose videos will be featured on the Cengage Learning YouTube channel starting Monday, April 29, to be voted on publicly to determine the ultimate prize winner. The contestant whose video receives the most likes wins!
• The winner will receive a $2500 scholarship paid on the winner’s behalf to the institution at which they are currently enrolled as a student for the Fall 2013 semester or quarter.
• The second-place winner will receive a $500 scholarship paid on the Winner’s behalf to the institution at which they are currently enrolled as a student for the Fall 2013 semester or quarter.